Monday, December 3, 2007

December snows

It's December. Almost the end of the year. In the midst of holiday gift giving, it's nice to remember those who are no longer with us. My grandma and grandpa were a very important part of my childhood. They spoiled me, not with material things, but with time spent together and projects we did as a family. Frosting Christmas cookies was one of my favorites. The temptation to sprinkle on too much colored sugar was tough to resist! My grandpa would take me with him to the gas station every week. While someone filled the tank (no self service in those days), we would go into the little stucco building, where he would chat with Mr. Roll, the owner of the station. He would pull out a small, well-used, leather coin purse and pay for the gas and buy me a candy bar. As I decorate my house for the holidays and do a little special baking, I will remember the love that came my way from my grandparents, Edna and Clarence Beeman.

May you and yours have a holiday season filled with warmth, laughter and love.

No comments: