Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Deputy Director's Musings

I am so excited to be part of the Learning 2.0 at Queens Library! My grandfather used to say, "You'll never learn any younger," when I would tell him that I didn't know how to do something. I know for some folks this will seem more like jumping off a cliff than rolling off a log, but the cool thing is that we're all in this together. A number of years ago, the PSD staff took group lessons in Croatian. While none of us became proficient, the experience of learning together made a strong bond. I hope that Learning 2.0 will do the same thing for you and your coworkers. Thanks for reading my blog.

2 comments:

Logan Ragsdale said...

Thank you Carol for helping this get off the ground. I think everyone is going to have fun and learn something in the process.

Sherwood said...

"Learning together" is a better way of teaching and learning. We can learn from and encourage each other and it makes the learning process more interesting, competitive, and more efficient.